Friday, March 24, 2006

Black People Love Me.


I've been carrying this website in my mental list for years, but it only came back to my consciousness recently.

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/

I suspect that my black friends (both of them) will have one of 3 reactions.
1.) Dude, you are one racist idiot.
2.) Hey, that's kinda hillarious.
3.) Yes, this is funny, but more so because you think that you are hip because you get the joke.

If it turns out that the answer is 3, then I'll just go into the corner and sulk.
(No I won't. I'm a misanthrope, I'll just have more people to hate.)

Be sure to read the testimonials. That's probably the best part.

And while we are on the subject, if this ISN'T funny, then can someone please explain why Dave Chappelle is? Or Carlos Mencia? Or Chris Rock?
(OK, nevermind about Chris Rock. He's just not nearly as funny as he is loud).

For further reading, here is what the authors said about the site.

I suppose I could write a whole long form article about how this does or does not apply to me, since I was raised in a 100% white environment, but I'll wait to see which way the wind is blowing after I publish.

(Final post script) As I write this, I swear I'm telling the truth, the Black Eyed Peas came up on the iTunes. How can anyone not love something that funky?

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Lex said...

This reminds me of the bit from the B-movie "Amazon Women On The Moon" where B.B. King was pleading for people to contribute to "Blacks Without Soul". I actually busted one of my black co-workers talking like a way over-the-top white guy and used the line, "Please contribute to Blacks Without Soul." It's still damned funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home