Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things I hate

One of the smartest guys around, Robert Kirby, said this today. 

I consider myself one of the most intolerant people I know, but gays aren't even on my "Top 500 People Whose Guts I Hate" list. I checked it this morning.

Under "H," the list goes from "Happy Birthday Songs in Restaurants" to "Hitler, Adolf" without any mention of "Homosexuals." Nothing under "F" or "Q" either.

 

When I read that, I realized that my reputation as a misanthrope was in serious risk if I don’t have a list of people I hate.  I may not have 500 on my list, and they aren’t all people, but here is a subset of my list.

 

  • Chris Buttars (and the 23,717 idiots in West Jordan who voted for him last November)
  • Oklahoma
  • Ham Smoothies
  • Commercials for tampons
  • Commercials for condoms
  • Commercials for erectile dysfunction tablets
  • Commercials for erectile dysfunction pumps (shudder)
I had to list these separately, because I hate them 4 times as much.
  • Vegetarian chili
  • Killer bees
  • Bono
  • Slutty chicks who dress up on Halloween as a sexy nurse or a naughty nun.
(Just kidding, I totally love that.)Not the website.  In fact, not even the hot chicks.  Pretty much just the douchebags.
  • Amy Winehouse
  • Tattoos of people
  • The idiot who cancelled ‘Firefly’.
  • Bears
  • Jim Cramer
That's 20, and that's a good start.  I'll have to keep a pad and pen handy by my desk so I can keep better track.  Mostly, its people that make me angry, but I don't know everybody's name, so I can't list you all individually.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

W-R-Y C-A-T-C-H-E-R

You're welcome.

My list of hatees is not 500, but I could give it the old college try.

Signed,
Duh, I just spelled it out for you

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Thayne Forbes said...

No, I have a special list for you, my dear. I'll blog about that later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home