Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Second to none

I was looking for a picture to go with a blog post for a friend and I stumbled upon someone's blog about great comedy television characters. What I noticed is that none of them were starring roles. With that inspiration, and with a nod to 'High Fidelity', here is my
Top 5 greatest second fiddle characters.

(Upon further reflection, I decided that this might be good for a few posts, so this post is actually...)
Top 5 greatest second fiddle comedic characters.



Maynard G. Krebs


Nobody even remembers "The many loves of Dobie Gillis" any more. More's the pity. What a heartwarming comedy. Maynard G. Krebs (the G. stands for Walter) was the clueless sidekick that every teenager should have.













Karen Walker


"I'm fabulous... I'm an incredible dresser, I've got buckets of money, I'm a hoot and a half, and I got a killer rack!"

Nearly every line out of her mouth was quotable and her inappropriate flirting with nearly every other character made her mesmerizing.



Larry



This character came out of nowhere. Who could have guessed a barely literate guy who think 'possum is good eatin would grow up to run a restaurant.











Eddie Haskell


I don't know exactly why I liked Eddie. He was an infuriating character, for someone who identified with The Beav. Perhaps that is why he was so effective at stealing focus.















Professor Frink


I think it's the voice and the transcendent command of the language. I would gladly watch 30 minutes of the Prof. Frink show every Sunday evening.
















Who'd I miss?

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few of mine:
- Kramer, Seinfeld
- Trapper John, M.A.S.H.
- Denny Crane, Boston Legal (I guess you culd argue Denny is the star)
I'm so mainstream! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home