Tuesday, October 31, 2006

When Geeks Collide II: The Smack Down

Ken Jennings is gunning for me again.

He seems to be upset that I called him a geek in public.

Here's the thing.

If you win 2.5 megabucks answering trivia, you should not be surprised if people call you a geek.
If, in addition to that, you have a degree in Computer Science AND English and worked as a programmer... Come on, Poindexter.

Since Ken doesn't know that I've been coding and fixing computers for 26 years, he couldn't have known why my daughter and I feel free to cast nerdy aspersions. I'll forgive him for that, I guess. Although you would have thought the secret handshake would have given me away.

Two final points.
First. If you want to shed the wonky image, you should probably refrain from calling a guy confused by referencing fifty year old Kurosawa movie, or the hundred year old story it was based on.

Second. Let's not lose sight of the essential element of this story. Which is that Ken thinks I'm handsome enough to land 21 year old hot chicks.

(If you could all just ignore the fact that I just called my daughter a hot chick, I'd really appreciate it.)

5 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Upset"? Where are you getting that from? Someone emailed me that our stories didn't match up, which discrepancy I was trying to explain. I'm starting to regret even mentioning this.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Lex said...

You kids are taking yourselves a little too seriously and literally. Next time, sprinkle yer über cerebral jokes and witty epithets with smileys, winks and the like. Sheez.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Thayne Forbes said...

Emoticons are the devil.
;-)

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I think this whole story is great.

My boys followed the Jeopardy Ken Jennings episodes like they might die if they missed one question. We were really hoping to see him as a permanent fixture on there.

Did he ever mention if he rigged it so he'd lose? I mean, was he tired and figured he had had enough or what? I may have to check out his blog for answers.

Thayne, cool blog. You are a funny guy.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Time for another post, huh, Thayne?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home