Monday, April 30, 2007

Same thing as every night, Pinky

Apple Corp. has foiled my plans to take over the world.

It seems the insidious lawyers at Apple have somehow discovered my plans to build an intercontinental ballistic missile and have prevented me from deploying it with this ingenious addition to the End User License Agreement for iTunes.

15. You also agree that you will not use these products for the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.

Drat. And I was so close.

They even discovered my plans to sell my invention to Colonel Qaddafi, because they also added this restriction.

Apple Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any U.S. embargoed countries (currently Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan and Syria)


Oh, if only I hadn't pressed "I Agree" on that box. I was in such a hurry to listen to that new Elvis album, that I forgot to read it through carefully. You see that's they trap you. They get you so excited to listen to music that you momentarily forget that iTunes is the ideal navigation and command and control system. Then your hands are tied.

Curses. Foiled again.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

LOL, but this is damn funny. And I think it'll also be funny when read in the light of day too!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just don't get it. Even if iTunes was an operating system (which it's not) capable of being programmed to run a missile, do they really think that it would be the OS of choice?

"Let's see now, I've got Ada, C++, and SunOS...Of course, that's an easy one! It's gotta be SunOS!"

We were using Ada many moons ago to program guidance systems for ballistic missiles because the language was so airtight there wasn't a chance for a logic or syntax error. Of course, it was like jacking up your car with a toothpick...a painful (if not almost impossible) experience.

iTunes to develop weapons.

Hey, do they know something about iTunes that I don't?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home